Radiant Heating Film Materials:Infrared heating film ENERPIA as per your needs-3 , Insulation sheet with thickness over 5 mm, dampproofing bitumen based tape, connecting clamps (compressor terminal) – used for connecting cables to heating film, Scotch tape, Thermostat Power supply 200V AC, pliers.
Preparation for installation:Measure the area of the room and make a scheme of how the Infrared film will be put on the floor. Prepare all necessary materials. Check the floor. Make sure the floor is flat, not sharp spikes and other similar things, which could hurt the film. If the floor is wet, the installation is done after treatment for waterproofing. You must ensure that there are no traces of moisture on the floor. User can easily install this heating system in a regular room following the instructions pointed out below. It is preferable to use the services of a specialist for larger spaces, especially for electrical work.
- Cleaning – Clean the floor and make sure there are no sharp objects and edges to prevent damage of Heating film during installation
- Waterproofing – If the floor is wet, you should dry it off. You might put vinyl insulation before putting the special insulation sheet in room with high humidity.
- Installation of the insulation sheet – Measure and cut the required insulation and then fix on the floor with Scotch tape. You might also insolate the intervals between the sheets with same material.
- Installation of Infrared heating film – Do not overlap the Film sheets. You should leave an interval of 1 ~ 2 cm between them. The interval to the walls must be at least 10 cm. Cut and arrange as required. The dashed line is cut with a knife or scissors. The edges of the film should be fixed with scotch tape for better fixation.
Connecting the clamps with electrical wires. Before that you should separate the copper strip of silver strip in order that you can insert one of the edges of the clamp. Fix properly the clamp onto copper-silver strip, so that one of its edges is put on the top of the strip and the one is inserted inside between the two layers of the strip (silver and silver). Afterwards you pressed firmly. Then connect the wires to the clamps. If it is not fixed properly it may occur contact resistance, so be careful.
- Connect the Heating Film in parallel.
Insulation of all connections and exposed sides – Insulate all connections with the help of bitumen based tape (dampproofing tape) and all exposed sides of the copper strip. Then fix the cables with the help of a regular Scotch tape.
- Fixing the temperature sensor. Slide onto the temperature sensor (Thermo Sensor) on the bottom of the strapping. Below the sensor you must cut slot into isolation and put it there in order to not get bumps.
- Connecting the thermostat and performing of exothermic test. Connect the thermostat and check the overall capacity by measuring with special measuring apparatus while testing the produced heat. If you have an existing electric contact and will use it to connect to the power line, you should consider that the maximum power capacity is 15 A.
- Covering the heating film with insulation material. Use regular insulating material – vinyl. It is usually fixed with Scotch tape.
- The next step is putting of floor covering- laminate, parquet, linoleum or any wooden flooring.
- Instruct the user how to operate the thermostat.
Diagram of installation of infrared heating Film
Connecting with the Power line
- The power line should be in line and not be tangled.
- Use different color wires for both “+” and “-” in order to be able to trace and repair the problem if one occurs.
- Use conduit and wire mold to prevent leakage and moisture.
- Use the required thickness of the wire which is 4 mm with an electric capacity of 2.5 kw